“The whole DEI area is not where you can have ad-hoc champions like you used to in the early days. You need domain specialists, people who have understood and handled complex situations across markets.” – ashish bhasin, CEO, APAC, dentsu international
DEI initiatives remain challenging for companies around the world. Yesterday, the fifth Campaign-Kantar APAC DEI survey was released, highlighting the ongoing struggles that APAC employees face in the workplace.
· In Southeast Asia, almost 50% of survey respondents believe that one ethnicity is more respected than another
· 70% of respondents say that their company’s DEI policies have not improved the workplace within the past two years
· 25% of men admit they receive more respect due to their gender
· 49% of female respondents say they feel pressure to conform to gender stereotypes
· 42% of survey respondents believe those of different races are treated equally, compared to 35% in 2020
Regardless of where you or your company are located, DEI remains a challenging topic that needs to be addressed today. ideascape connects members around the globe to learn best practices and to network with other leading companies. Reach out to Jonathan Dyke and Deon Gaines to learn more.