“It’s clear that Gen Z prioritize values above all else – companies that don’t understand or reflect that will find themselves struggling to attract and retain the best talent.”
Takeaways from Study:
· Only 19% of Gen Z workers would join a company that does not
share their values
· 67% consider company values more important than the company’s
· 41% of survey respondents said they would join a company lacking
diversity, but only if the company had a strong DEI program in place
· 35% of Gen Z expects HR to lead DEI initiatives and 29% expect
Senior Management to take an active role
· Personal growth opportunity is the top factor for Gen Z when
considering an employment opportunity
Generation Z is eager to challenge the status quo and facilitate true equity and inclusion. Furthermore, their values and beliefs extend into expectations for the companies they work for. Ignoring societal issues such as DEI places companies at risk of losing access to a significant portion of this generation.
Reach out to Deon Gaines or Jonathan Dyke to learn how ideascape can help your company attract and retain diverse talent.