– 50% of S&P 500 companies reported any information about corporate board diversity in 2020 (Glass Lewis)
– Shareholders have filed 69 proposals this year asking companies to disclose the workforce and other diversity data (more than 2x total filed last year)
– 30 more ask for board demographics specifically
– 52 companies have signed onto the initiative to publicize EEO-1 data
– 2018 SEC survey of 1,367 companies on gender and racial/ethnic diversity received only 69 (5%) responses
ideascape view: This article covers what happens when accountability confronts misalignment. In this particular moment, companies are being asked by both internal and external stakeholders to back up their statements of condemnation and solidarity with tangible action. But what does implementation actually look like when different organizational actors/channels have conflicting priorities? Tomorrow’s DEI leaders understand that cross-functional change has to come with cross-functional benefits. A FutureSelf Network membership gives you the tools to craft a resilient, multi-dimensional strategy that matches the ever-expanding demand for transparency and action. Ask Jonathan Dyke for details.