“Unprecedented” is a word that’s been used a lot over the past year, but for business leaders still trying to navigate the socio-economic fallout, it’s still relevant. From this article crafted by Courier, it’s obvious that leaders in tough times must change their mindsets to focus more on the short-term strategy.
While there’s no playbook for COVID, there are a few things that matter when shaping your approach to leadership in any crisis. Courier lists five in particular:
- Be ruthlessly objective in your strategy, whatever it may be
- Take absolute responsibility for your team
- Be able to constantly motivate yourself
- Be able to take effective action when encountering pitfalls
- Think about your people – and taking them with you
From an Australian winemaker’s destroyed vineyard to a coffee importer’s quest in war-torn Yemen, each story shares why certain attitudes and ideas are necessary to communicate your way out of a crisis. These stories truly show leaders in tough times. At ideascape, we’ve taken the same approach to shaping company strategy. We are the action-makers when it comes to DE&I. We fit wherever you and your team need us. Reach out to Deon Gaines or Jonathan Dyke so we can start supporting your mission today.